Hillsborough Community College
4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd. DSSC 322
Tampa, FL 33614
Contact Us
Photo Albums
Getting Started
Create Account
How to Choose a Program
HCC Study Abroad Program Checklist
Non-HCC Study Abroad Program Checklist
Apply for Study Abroad
Application Instructions
HCC Spring Break and Summer Study Abroad Programs
More Information
Financing Study Abroad Experience
Faculty / Staff
Traveling with Students
Additional Resources
Program Proposal
Program Search
Program Type:
Program Country:
Program Term:

Traveling with Students

Instructions for completing Travel Forms when traveling WITH a group of students


Please submit the following documents in one packet to the Center for International Education, Gwendolyn W. Stephenson District Administration Center (GWSC 313) 30 days prior to departure. Partial or incomplete packets will not be accepted and returned. Reservations should not be made until the travel has been approved. 

Use the International Travel Paperwork Checklist as a reference.

  1. Fillable Request for International Travel Form must be signed by your supervisor and the Director of International Education, Dr. Michael Brennan at GWSC 313 prior to travel. This form requests the following attachments:
    • Copy of passport
    • Copy of visa (if applicable)
  2. Out of District Travel Expense Form. The BEFORE THE TRIP section needs to reflect the estimated costs the college will be covering. Be sure to include the account number and supervisor’s signature. If the college pays for you and a group of students, the estimates should reflect that accordingly:
    • Ex:) If a study abroad program fee is $1,000 for each participant for a group of 10 students and a lead faculty’s cost is $800, enter $10,800 under the Type of Expense, Registration.
    • Meals: The per Diem rate for meals when travelling internationally is dependent on the funding source. Read more.
    • Attach supporting documents for estimated expenses such as flight search result, estimated program cost, accommodation search, etc. 
    • Copy of itinerary
  3. Proof of travel Health Insurance (Medical and Emergency Evacuation Insurance). There is no cost to HCC faculty and staff.
    • Print out the Gallagher International Travel Insurance ID Card if traveling to anywhere in the world on college business excluding the U.S., Puerto Rico.
      • OPTIONAL: You may create a profile with Gallagher/Webcorp AXA by following the tutorials (refer to the policy number, username, and password referenced on the Insurance ID Card).
    • If traveling to Puerto Rico on college business, please contact Minami Eberhard at the Center for International Education (meberhard@hccfl.edu).
  4. Student Roster Template listing all HCC student(s) participating in the travel.
  5. Instructional Plan (if applicable): If a faculty is missing any classes because of the requested travel, s/he must submit the explanation on how to support learning and the required instructional minutes per course.
  6. Emergency evacuation plan for the program.

Once all documents are reviewed and signed, the Center for International Education office will submit the fully approved paperwork to the President's office for final approval. Everything will be returned to the traveler including the ORIGINAL Out of District Travel Expense Form.


Within 10 days of returning to the U.S., complete the ORIGINAL Out of District Travel Expense Form’s AFTER THE TRIP section. Attach all necessary invoices and receipts to support  the expenses and mail the entire packet to the Center for International Education (GWSC313). 

Hillsborough Community College Center for International Education